Saturday, March 15, 2008

More Than Words

Many of you who know me know that I place much value in the visual aspect of our world. I just took part in presenting a panel with two friends about the importance of graphic novels, I am working with a professor on campus to establish a visual literacy program, and I hope to get a Master's degree with an emphasis in visual narratives.

The visual makes up much of our lives and our experience here.

As such, I feel that I have stumbled upon the crystallization of why I will never work in the food service industry again. Watch it all; I promise, it's worth the wait.

4 comments:

Steve Weller said...

Funny. Dang funny.

r said...

Heheheheh. You said "stumbled."

Anonymous said...

That was tragic! -A

Andy said...

I promise to watch the thing at some point. What I wanna say is that I'm excited that you're into graphic novels. The idea of studying them things is new to me, but I'm working on a paper for one of my classes here that deals with the questions of validity and high/low artsiness of graphic novels.