Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'd Rather be Dead in California Than Alive in Arizona

I got accepted to grad school today. I'm going to be a graduate student! I'm getting a Master's degree! Grad school! New books, new people, new teachers, new chapter in my life!


Awwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After three rejection letters - Mizzou, Washington State, U of Utah - I got my first acceptance letter today. I still need to hear from one more school, but, as of August 2008 I will be living in Flagstaff, Arizona attending Northern Arizona University getting my Master's Degree in Literature.

Words cannot explain how happy and relieved and thankful I am to have to have security for the next two years of my life. 

No, this is not an April Fool's joke. I'm really going to grad school.

The feeling is very surreal right now, even though I have access to the web site and can look at Fall 2008 classes; I really feel like someone is playing a joke on me. (I will stuck otter pops up their butts if they are *insert shaking fist*.)

The best part of today, besides getting accepted to grad school, a celebratory coke slurpee, or the hiding of my phone in the ceiling much like The Office, was telling my dad. He got emotional as he told me he was glad I wasn't going too far away.

It's nice to be loved so much.

Farewell, adios, and, as always, spooning leads to forking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaaaa hoooo!! I am so proud of you! Life IS good!!

Steve Weller said...

Hooray for you! That is so exciting!!

Valerie said...

A huge congratulations! That's so fantastic--but good luck with the weather! So, what classes will you be taking?

Chelsea Lane said...

Of COURSE you are going to grad school; you are amazing! Um, I still don't understand your blog title though...

grburbank said...

As much as I would love sharing SLC with you and renewing Friday night movies, I am so happy for you--even though you are only moving farther (further?) away. (Damn Jim Aton!) So what will you specialty be--literary theory?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting into grad school! Enjoy the euphoria of academic success! Prepare to hate yourself as soon as the homework hits!