Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Graphic Novel Euphoria

I shall blog more about this when I am less tired and not recovering from the flu, but I had lunch with Art Spiegelman today. Tonight, I listened to him speak for nearly two hours. Although I've know for a while that I want to get a Ph.D. that will allow me to teach comic books, tonight solidified what I want and need to be doing with my life. And though things change, it looks as though I will be applying for a Ph.D. program directly out of Master's. Woot!

4 comments:

J Fo said...

I'm so jealous that you got to hear him speak AND eat lunch with him! How cool. I'm excited for you, too. Dr. La Rue has a major ring to it!

grburbank said...

Sounds awesome! It's nice to meet really cool people you admire and also to have a life plan. So do you plan on applying to the school in Florida where you can get a doctorate in Comics? I can't wait to see where you go and what you do in your life.

Nagi said...

Wow. Lunch with Art Spiegelman. I still have Maus on my shelves even out here at law school, and I keep telling my comic nerd friends back home to read it. That's hardcore. Congrats on getting to meet him! And super congrats on going for your PhD. I, too, like the sound of Dr. La Rue.

r said...

Girl, it's nice to have clarity. There are other things that will come with this, things wonderful and things wonderfully challenging and things heart wrenching. Those of us who've believed in you from the beginning aren't at all surprised. We're just all happy you're believing in yourself ;)

Abrazos and purrs.