Monday, June 16, 2008

When Supervising a Class

I cannot attribute my break in blogging to anything but laziness. It seems that the less I have to do in life, the more I feel the need to be apathetic. 


I don't have any pearls of wisdom or comic book rage-engendering experiences to relate, but here are a few things.

  • I get to meet Alan Moore on July 12th when I'm in London. Hurray!
  • I really like soccer, coke slurpees, and driving past sage brush in the evening with my car windows down singing just as loud as I can.
  • Father's Day was good. I love my daddy. And my mommy..... and my brother.
  • Last week, a conversation went like this. 
I was eating mandarin oranges out of a small can. 
Enter boss-lady (and not Julie Simon). "Wow. You're going to lose so much weight when you stop working here."
Me: "Excuse me?" (And the kind of excuse me that left me with my mouth agape full of an orange slice and not the ghetto kind.)
Boss-lady, "You eat all the time."
One. No, actually, I don't eat all the time. I snack periodically through the day on pretzels, oranges, apples, and water. Two. Do I have that much weight to lose to constitute a "so" being used as an adjective to my weight? No. I don't. I'm fluffy. See "Kung Fu Panda" and you'll understand why I feel this way. Three. I still don't know why she said that. WTF?

  • I really liked "Kung Fu Panda." I identified with a lot of the characters, but mostly Po.
  • Crafty people are neat and I wish I could be one.
  • I hate my job.
  • I'm so excited to go to Europe, cut off all of my hair, and move to Flagstaff. I'm trying to find reasons to be excited about life today, but there's a lot of reasons to be excited about life in a few weeks. (I don't think that it will take me long to be excited about everyday :D)
  • I love these women. I don't always agree with them, but they make me feel better about life and my church membership.  
  • I want to marry a superhero, mostly Batman.
  • Pushy, authority-seeking people bother me. Why don't they just pee on a fire hydrant? It'd be more effective.
  • I'm addicted to Lost and I'm not ashamed.
  • Read Watchmen. You'll understand The Incredibles on a whole new level. It's mind-blowing. Really.
  • You're a neat person. Thanks for reading my blog.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

It's hard to believe people actually say things like that to other people in real life! It's like, can you please put a filter between your brain and your mouth?

I also really enjoyed Kung Fu Panda! I have been debating with some friends the oral pleasure of the word "syphilis" (purportedly the most pleasurable word to say) and "skadoosh", courtesy of the KFP trailer/credits. :)

r said...

Valerie: while reading your comment, I nearly immediately came up with a more socially friendly orally pleasurable word that is nearly the same: "civility." Try it!

Sarah: OMG! OMG! OMG! First, your description of your "Excuse me?!?" moment made me laugh because I can HEAR you saying it exactly that way. Second, what the hall is wrong with that woman?

And finally, yay for all the things to which you look forward :D

Mellina Mallyon said...

Thanks for watching Todd's class since I couldn't do it.

Kung Fu Panda rocked. I want to go see it again.

grburbank said...

You are going to fall in love with London and then miss it every single day of your life. I love your writing and hearing about your life even if Jesus doesn't think we should talk anymore.

Steve Weller said...

You are absolutely right. I am a neat person for reading your blog! And you are a neat person too! (I also eat mandrain oranges- but I can pack away an entire bottle of those, so you are way ahead of me. Or maybe I am way ahead of you.)